If you never reach a dream but are happy at your menial labor job are you better off than someone who is stressed but reaches their dreams?
I think this is dependent on the person. If someone is truly happy at a menial job then this is a great place for them to be, but reaching ones dreams is also an excellent place to be. It is possible that someone who reaches their dreams will either be dissatisfied with the results of their dreams or will create new dreams once they have achieved the previous ones. If a person is not happy having achieved their dreams or stresses themselves out with new ones, they would probably be better off in the menial position. I think the greatest thing that people can strive towards is finding a way to be happy in life. I do not know that many people would be happy spending their life in a menial job, but if they are then they have found a good way to live their life. Also, having goals that cause stress is not necessarily a bad thing. Working to achieve a goal can be a fun process and a great learning experience. Achieving the goal would give people a boost in self-esteem and a sense of satisfaction. It could also make them happy. Even failing at a goal can provide worthwhile life experiences and a chance to develop new dreams and goals in life. I wonder if someone at a menial job would be happier than someone who has achieved their goals. I think most people dream of a life beyond manual labor and if the manual laborer is happy it is probably because of something outside of their job. I do not think they would necessarily become less happy if they also worked towards a goal beyond manual labor.
Does success tend to make people happier?
No comments:
Post a Comment