Procrastination is rarely a good thing, but I think it can have some positive outcomes if looked at in a certain way. Procrastination is a warning sign that someone does not like what they are supposed to be doing. If a person is procrastinating on an activity that they used to enjoy, then they can use their wanting to procrastinate as a reason to look into what has been bothering them about that activity. For example, if a friend wants to spend a day with me and I keep putting it off then there is something about this friend that is bothering me. Now that my procrastination over spending time with them has let me know that something is bothering me I can figure out what it is. If it is something simple like they talk about their boyfriend so much that I feel frustrated then I can talk to them about that and resolve the issue. My pushing off spending time let me know that something was wrong. Constant procrastination in a lot of different things could be a sign that you are unhappy where you are and it is time to either figure out what originally inspired you and try to reestablish that or to move on and find something new.
Should procrastination be viewed as a negative quality in a person, as a sign that they may need some lifestyle changes or neither?
Should procrastination be viewed as a negative quality in a person, as a sign that they may need some lifestyle changes or neither?
No comments:
Post a Comment